‘Tis definitely the season and the friendly elves at 5 Seeds Cider sent over a fun hamper of goodies for DS and I to enjoy! Did you see the photo on my Instagram? As some of you will know, I’m not much of a drinker so DS and I worked together on creating a fun, Christmas-inspired cocktail using the new Lower Sugar Cider. It’s the perfect drink for Christmas where you know you’ll be eating loads of sugary desserts already, so you don’t need to feel (as) bad about this drink!
My inspiration for this cocktail is the idea of hot apple cider on a snowy day. But obviously, I live in Australia so that’s not what you want on a hot summer’s day! Instead, we’ve created a CHRISTMAS APPLE CIDER ICED TEA, because apple goes so well with spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
CHRISTMAS APPLE CIDER ICED TEA
- 1 x bottle of 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider
- 1 x tall glass or mason jar
- 1 x cinnamon stick
- 2 x pieces of star anise, 1 x piece extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 x black tea teabag (I used Twinings English Breakfast)
- Boiling water
- Ice cubes
- Ground nutmeg or cinnamon for dusting
- Pop your bottle of 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider into the fridge to chill for a few hours before you start making your cocktail.
- Pick a good-sized glass or mason jar and add in the cinnamon stick, star anise, honey and teabag. Top with boiling water until about 1/3 of your glass is full.
- Allow to steep for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the teabag and add a couple of ice cubes.
- Top with 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider to fill up the glass. Use a spoon to give your cocktail a quick mix.
- Dust with ground cinnamon or nutmeg and top with a star anise for presentation.
- Enjoy with a piece of gingerbread! (Drink responsibly!)
DS and I both wish you a very happy Christmas and hope it is a time filled with love, joy and peace with those around you!
Disclaimer: This post is in collaboration with 5 Seeds Cider, all ideas, however, are our own.